Meal Monday’s… Move over Dorothy, Auntie Em is back with her
with Elaine Hastings, RD
15 minutes or less…
• 1 medium tortillas
• 1 egg and 2 egg whites
• 2 tbsp. skim milk
• Small onion, diced to your liking (Auntie Em likes her onions)
• 1/4 cup. Yellow and red pepper, diced
• 1/8 cup. sprinkle topping – low-fat shredded cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Dash of hot sauce or salsa (optional)
• Spray large pan with non-stick cooking spray and add diced vegetables.
- Saute over medium heat until are soft. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to egg mixture.
• Once vegetables are soft, pour in egg mixture into pain. Cook on low heat until eggs are no longer runny. Stir occasionally.
• Turn off heat. Sprinkle cheese over eggs and let melt.
• Put egg mixture into tortillas. Wrap it to go!
Cost approx. $0.35
Just have some fun adding your favorite veggies and make it for the whole family.