Black Beans and Brown Rice
- 12 red onions, diced
- 2 cups garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cumin, ground fresh
- 2 tablespoons coriander, ground fresh
- 1 chilpolte pepper, removed before serving
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 qt dry black beans
- 1 tablespoons black peppercorns, ground
- 6 qt water
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 quart Brown Rice
- 1 cup garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 ½ quarts wate
- Cook all ingredients together in a large stockpot, except cilantro.
- When ready to serve add cilantro.
- Saute rice with all ingredients except water.
- When garlic starts to brown, add water & bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat cover and simmer until rice is cooked through.
- Serve hot